The Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Houston is pleased to announce its second annual student poster competition in the area of public safety management (PSM). This poster competition is part of the efforts in promoting the awareness in PSM. Research areas of interest include:
- Decision making for public safety
- Operations Control in PSM
- Evacuation planning and management
- Environmental health and safety
- Logistics and transportation security
- Economics of disaster
The posters should demonstrate innovative applications in one or more of these areas. This competition is sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the subjects are directly relevant to the missions of DHS in disaster preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery.